March is Epilepsy Awareness Month – the perfect time to turn advocacy talk into action. We’re giving a voice to Ontario’s epilepsy community by engaging and educating MPPs at Queen’s Park in Toronto. Epilepsy staff, volunteers and agencies are meeting with MPPs and policy advisors to develop strategies to improve epilepsy care in the province. From access to treatment to a supportive work environment, Epilepsy Ontario is here to empower people with epilepsy. Specifically, we are calling for a provincial epilepsy care strategy. Click here to learn more about it. It started in 2009 when Margaret Maye, founder of Epilepsy Cure Initiative, created her own opportunity to engage politicians in talks about epilepsy. Since then, Epilepsy Ontario has been working with ECI to educate the provincial parliament about the epilepsy community’s biggest concerns. Big changes are already underway as MPPs have committed to working with non-profit epilepsy organizations like us. You can be part of the process! Start by contacting your local MPP. Let them know what services and supports are necessary to improve the quality of lives of people with epilepsy.
- Letter to Eric Hoskins Click here
- Pre Budget Cover Letter Click here
- Pre Budget Submission Click here
- Check out the meeting deck at Queen’s Park for 2018 Epilepsy Action Day! Click here.
- Check out the presentation at Queen’s Park for 2015 Epilepsy Action Day! Click here.
- Check out the meeting deck at Queen’s Park for 2015 Epilepsy Action Day! Click here.
- Check out the presentation at Queen’s Park for 2014 Epilepsy Action Day! Click here.