As we enter a new era of working together, Epilepsy South Central Ontario is changing and adapting to online support and ventures and will continue to provide the highest levels of support to our clients.
We are committed to promoting independence and optimal quality of life for individuals living with epilepsy through support, advocacy, and public education.
We offer one-on-one counseling by appointment and support groups where individuals can come and share their lived experiences. Designed for people of all ages.
(Using Practice and Learning to Increase Favourable Thoughts) is a program designed for individuals living with epilepsy and struggling with anxiety and/or depression. It will be delivered over eight sessions and led by a program staff member and a community member with epilepsy. UPLIFT is based on essential ideas from cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and will empower participants to build their own toolbox of skills to deal proactively with low mood. Learn more
(Home-Based Self-Management & Cognitive Training Changes Lives) addresses memory and attention issues common for people living with epilepsy. It will be delivered over eight sessions and is designed to help people living with epilepsy learn new strategies to improve memory and attention. HOBSCOTCH is an individual program led by a program staff member and requires a time commitment of eight weeks.
If you are interested in participating or learning more, please contact Max Baxter:
Clinic to Community is an epilepsy education program to help people with epilepsy and their families better understand the condition and seizure management, how to identify when a seizure is a medical emergency, treatment options, and how to cope with the unpredictability of seizures.
We offer support groups, social outings, workshops, life skills building, community initiatives, fundraising drives, and more. Designed for people 15 to 30 years of age.
Educational outreach and support to members and their families, including professional counselling for pre-employment support. Employment Services include experienced review and editing of resumes, cover letters, job search strategies and related websites, assistance with online job applications, updates of social media profiles.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Carly Smith:
- Gives kids living with epilepsy a chance to participate in a summertime ritual and allows them a sense of freedom in an environment that their parents know is safe.
- Designed for kids 5 to 14 years of age.
Currently offered virtually.
- A free 50-minute interactive-educational program that offers epilepsy awareness and seizure first aid to students and staff.
- Designed for Grade Five “Human Body Sciences Unit”.
- We offer education, awareness and epilepsy first aid to both seniors, their private caregivers and seniors home staff.
- Generally designed for people 65 years of age and older.
- Join the community team as we spread awareness at various events across our region.
- We attend Cultural Festivals, Rib fests, Government Fairs, Student Fairs, Seniors Fairs, Health and Wellness Fairs bringing epilepsy education and awareness to the community.
- We offer opportunities to become involved in the many community events, fundraisers, and awareness fairs that we attend.
- Become involved with our fundraising initiatives by participating in the events: Charity Marathons, Christmas Gift Wrapping, Online Initiatives, and more.